A Trex Commercial Estimator is responsible for qualifying opportunities and developing detailed proposals for customers. The Estimator serves as the primary point of contact to our customer during the sales process.
- Manage & organize opportunity pipeline within Salesforce
- Manage and organize project documentation
- Perform detailed, accurate and complete project takeoffs
- Communicate with contractor and architect to clarify project scope
- Prepare quotations and bid packages that meet and exceed client expectations
- Collaborate with engineers, designers, project managers and sales team to develop accurate proposals
- Evaluate project and quoting trends to make recommendations for product development
- 2-5 years estimating experience within the commercial construction industry, specifically working with subcontractors.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications.
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid MS Excel skills
- High level of integrity and responsibility; commitment to the values of mutual respect, teamwork, diversity, support of fellow employees, and continuous improvement.
- Associates Degree in Construction Management with emphasis on cost estimating required.
- 4-year degree in Construction Management with emphasis on cost estimating preferred.
- Glass/Glazing/Ornamental Metals industry experience preferred.