The Project Manager is responsible for successfully completing projects in accordance with established goals in terms of budget, quality and schedule. The Project Manager serves as the principal decision maker and must coordinate between all stakeholders on the project, both internally and externally.
Project Managers must have a thorough understanding of both the manufacturing and construction processes and the ability to work on a multiple tasks concurrently. Project Managers must possess well-developed interpersonal skills, as the ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities in multiple roles is critical. A thorough understanding of General Business practice, Building Codes, Engineering Principles is equally as important.
- Develop and maintain project plan based primarily on schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate with project team to determine potential value engineering opportunities for the project.
- Provide strategic direction to Engineering team to mitigate risk and maximize potential profit.
- Generate detailed bid packages for vendors and award subcontracts to qualified vendors based on selected project requirements.
- Monitor progress (budget v. production) against established milestones maintaining schedule and performance standards of all parties.
- Seek opportunities to increase project value through relationships with external project team.
- Develop project logs containing all relevant conversation and documentation throughout execution of project
- Responsible for all quality control measures throughout fabrication and installation phases of project.
- Generate and publish detailed project costing reports based on compiled data from the ERP system.
- Complete all specified closeout requirements to ensure prompt release of final payment.
- Perform project review with thorough synopsis of project and opportunities for improved performance on future projects.
- Compose change orders based on project costs and Contract documents.
- Produce estimates for Sales staff.
- Maintain and grow existing customer relationships with an emphasis on developing Staging Concepts future business opportunities with General Contractors and architects.
- Assist as required in the Research and Development of new and improved Staging Concepts product offering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or closely related degree.
- Three years of experience working in commercial construction.
- Experience estimating is preferred.
- Experience in the glazing industry is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25% within North America.