SportsBusiness Celebrates Six Projects from Trex Commercial Products, Including “Sports Facility of the Year”
In sports, there are winners and losers, but for Trex Commercial Products (TCP), a national leader in the engineering and manufacturing of ornamental railing systems for commercial building applications, the thrill of victory was inevitable. All six projects nominated for “Sports Facility of the Year” in this year’s Sports Business Awards competition, including the winner – Detroit’s Little Caesars Arena, shared one thing in common – they all featured TCP railing.
Launched in 2008, the industry-leading Sports Business Awards were established by SportsBusiness Journal and SportsBusiness Daily to recognize and celebrate leaders, visionaries and day-to-day practitioners who personify excellence in the business of sports. Along with categories such as “Sports Team of the Year,” “Sports Event of the Year” and “Sports Executive of the Year,” the program also honors most valuable players behind-the-scenes, including media, consultants and facilities.
TCP was part of all six arenas nominated for the 2018 “Sports Facility of the Year,” including:
- Little Caesars Arena; Detroit, Mich. (WINNER)
- More than 18,000 linear feet of custom ornamental railing from TCP can be found throughout this arena, including in its unique gondola-style seating area and numerous VIP club sections.
- Notre Dame Stadium; South Bend, Ind.
- 1,290 linear feet of TCP railing was used to update this historic stadium, adding enhanced safety and modernity to this football mecca.
- SunTrust Park/The Battery; Atlanta, Ga.
- More than 19,000 linear feet of anodized aluminum TCP railing can be found on stairs, balconies, ADA compliance sections and throughout the fan seating areas, while more than 5,500 linear feet of TCP Track Rail is utilized on balcony overlooks and in front of seating areas.
- Target Center; Minneapolis, Minn.
- TCP provided 600 linear feet of glass railing for Target Center’s $145 million renovation project, transforming the facility into a modern, glamorous venue.
- T-Mobile Arena; Las Vegas, Nev.
- Completed in 2016, this arena offers unobstructed views from practically everywhere, thanks to 12,400 linear feet of TCP glass railing.
- U.S. Bank Stadium; Minneapolis, Minn.
- Designed to stand tall for generations, the home field of the Minnesota Vikings features 49,000 linear feet of TCP decorative railing.
“Each of these projects is truly one of a kind, and to have had a part in all six speaks to TCP’s ability to provide custom, individualized solutions for virtually any major construction or renovation project,” said John Lewis, president and CEO of Trex Commercial Products. “It’s thrilling to have our work recognized and to bring an enhanced game-day experience to sports fans across the country.”