By: Chad Benning, LEED AP, VP, Projects
Trex Commercial understands the increasing desire and importance to be mindful of our environment as resources continue to grow scarcer and impacts greater. This is why it is our goal to procure and build a product that provides an eco-friendly solution to the architectural railing market.
To demonstrate our commitment to procure and provide sustainably, we participate in organizations that promote sustainable development, the most wide-known being the US Green Building Council – a nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction, and operation of high performance green buildings. As a national member of this organization since 2008, we are part of a global community dedicated to growing an industry that promotes one to consider environmental impacts in our daily work. To facilitate this process internally, our Operations team includes LEED accredited staff who work to incorporate environment-friendly options into our processes. As a result of our internal initiatives, we are able to provide the customer with contributions toward their LEED or other environmental accreditation and certification goals. Our contributions are delivered in the form of: recycled or reclaimed materials, reduced quantity of indoor air contaminants, certified wood, and when possible, regionally sourced materials and production.
In recent years, Trex Commercial has contributed to the LEED Certifications of some of the most high profile venues in the country, including:
• Climate Pledge Arena (home of the Seattle Kraken) – LEED Platinum certification
• US Bank Stadium (home of the Minnesota Vikings) – LEED Gold certification
• Levi’s Stadium (home of the San Francisco 49ers) – LEED Gold certification
• Target Field (home of the Minnesota Twins) – LEED Silver Certification
• Compton Ice Arena (University of Notre Dame Hockey)- LEED Silver Certified
• Barclays Arena (home of the Brooklyn Nets) – LEED Silver Certification
• Husky Stadium (University of Washington Huskies Football) – LEED Silver Certified
• The upcoming Minnesota Vikings Stadium
Trex Commercial promotes an effort for design innovation that decreases the environmental footprint, and as we go forward; will continue to challenge itself to deliver with a focus on the most sustainable of methods to do so.
Contact us to find out how our railing systems may contribute to LEED certification on your next project.